Why Do You Need a Lawyer to Fight the Insurance Company?
- April 16, 2019
- Comments Off on Why Do You Need a Lawyer to Fight the Insurance Company?
After a serious accident, even lawyers hire lawyers to help fight the insurance company. Here is the major reason: they need to get better while someone else jumps through the hoops required to get an insurance company to pay on any payday.
There are some other advantages:
- Lawyers, like us, will pay the costs upfront. This means no bills for court filings, staff time, travel expenses, court reporter expenses, investigations, medical records costs, etc. Those expenses are re-paid to the lawyers from the money collected. If the lawyers don’t collect, you never pay this money back. As you can see, this is a major motivation for lawyers to work hard to win your case.
- Lawyers know how to reduce your expenses. It is not uncommon for a lawyer to negotiate with businesses, like hospitals, to charge you less. Get more financial help on www.smâlân.com
- Lawyers generally know if you are getting top dollar. I have often seen what I consider way too little offered by insurance companies. It is easy to understand that insurance companies consider it good business to get you to accept as little as possible. Remember, the friendly agent you talk to about getting insurance is not the same agent who writes you a check.
- Lawyers can often get you paid faster. The insurance company knows it is dealing with a professional, and it is going to cost them more money to fight.
- There are studies showing that seriously injured people who hire lawyers put more money in their pockets than people who try to go it alone. This is just the world we live in.
If you or a loved one is injured, you can talk to us at the Law Firm of Eiland and Ritchie for free. We help all kinds of people and if we can’t help, we will tell you who can.
Also join us on NBC 15 LawCall here in Mobile every Sunday night at 10:30 right after the news. We will take your calls live.
Alabama Personal Injury Lawyer