- November 16, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Are Your Pants Worth Millions?
What do you think is fair if a business loses your property? FACTS: A dry cleaner returned a pair of pants. The owner of the pants claimed they were not his pants. He sued for $67 million dollars. The biggest…
- November 9, 2018
- Comments Off on Alabama, one of the worst states to be an injured pedestrian
You can talk all you want about distracted driving and whether a walker or a driver has the right of way, but in Alabama there is one law that tops all of this. Unlike most states, Alabama has a…
- November 5, 2018
- Comments Off on In Alabama, Start Early in a Med Mal Case
If a medical professional or business did you wrong, my strong advice is to start early if you want the best chance at getting a good result. It is tougher to win a medical malpractice case in Alabama than most…
- August 10, 2018
- Comments Off on Snake in a purse. You be the judge.
We get questions here at LawCall. Here is a real email. What would you advise? I have done a little editing on the email but not much. EMAIL: I spotted a purse that matched the outfit I was purchasing…
- August 3, 2018
- Comments Off on A Bad Tattoo? Can I Sue?
I was asked this week about the statute of limitation … on a tattoo. This was the question: can I sue over a bad tattoo? Here is the answer most every lawyer will give you, “Maybe.” There is one thing…
- July 27, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Is a Text a Promise?
You are engaged. You break up. Who gets the ring? It is a typical lawyer question. I, too, have gotten it … several times. The main arguments are: it is a gift, so the former bride keeps it, OR it…
- July 20, 2018
- Comments Off on Seeing Behind Required by New Law
Back-up cameras are now required in all new cars. This federal law is being highlighted as paving the way to driverless cars, but I think it is a huge improvement in keeping you safe. Back-up accidents are amazingly common. This…
- July 13, 2018
- Comments Off on Lies we tell ourselves after an accident
If you have a car or truck accident, go get yourself checked out. I can not tell you how many clients have told me that they did not feel too bad after an accident, and then weeks or months later…
- July 9, 2018
- Comments Off on Talking Trash and the Law
Did you argue with the relatives this 4th of July? This is America where we speak our minds … sometimes too often. Now someone called you a bad name, stated you were mentally unstable or even questioned your birthright, that…
- June 29, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Kid Damages Expensive Art. Who Pays?
Deciding the law is not often easy. Take a moment and you be the judge. How would you rule? THE CASE Mom takes her 5-year-old son to a public building that has an art exhibit. All the art work seems…