- May 13, 2019
- Comments Off on Don’t Help Insurance Companies Pay You Less
Have you ever bought a shirt and said, “Here is an extra $20; the shirt is worth it!” Well, no. And insurance companies (who pay out money for most traffic accident and other injuries) feel the same. They are going…
- May 3, 2019
- Comments Off on Ask a Lawyer for Free. Several Ways.
Do you have a legal question you have always wanted to ask? Who gets grandma’s stuff is she dies without a will? Does the fruit from my neighbor’s tree, that hangs over my property, belong to me? Can I sue…
- April 26, 2019
- Comments Off on What to Do: Your Alabama Teen Found with Alcohol
The legal term is called Minor in Possession (MIP). The real-life experience is a call from the local jail. It is just about summer and for many Alabama teens that translates to let the party begin. It is a party…
- April 22, 2019
- Comments Off on Alabama Kids, Boating and Drinking
As we head into summer, please take a few minutes to talk to your kids about boat safety. I can see your eyes roll. I understand. I grew up in and around the water of Mobile and my eyes have…
- April 16, 2019
- Comments Off on Why Do You Need a Lawyer to Fight the Insurance Company?
After a serious accident, even lawyers hire lawyers to help fight the insurance company. Here is the major reason: they need to get better while someone else jumps through the hoops required to get an insurance company to pay on…
- April 8, 2019
- Comments Off on Can Alabama Pull You Over for Holding a Phone?
Should you hold your phone and drive in Alabama? Our legislature is considering a ban. Some states already do prohibit it – one of those is Georgia. You should know by now that you cannot text and drive in Alabama….
- April 1, 2019
- Comments Off on Can I Sue If I Signed a Waiver?
Can you sue if you signed a waiver? Yes, you can sue. The real question is — can you win? The court does not look favorably on deceptive language which is only designed to protect a business from financial loss….
- March 22, 2019
- Comments Off on Alabama Law: Do I Have a Case?
Do I have a case? There is no shame in asking this question. I talk to clients, here in Mobile and surrounding counties, that seem down right embarrassed to ask it. I tell them that the law is here to…
- March 15, 2019
- Comments Off on Termites in Alabama: Fighting the Company and the Pests
You paid for termite protection and still you have termites. The law can help you. Alabama is pretty strong on getting you what you paid for. Here is what I am seeing: pest control companies are great to cash your…
- March 8, 2019
- Comments Off on Getting a Check for Pain and Suffering in Alabama
If you are injured in Alabama, you can get money for your pain and suffering. It is part of the law that some applaud for helping injured folk and others condemn as the “catch all” for those trying to lie,…