- December 7, 2018
- Comments Off on Why the Best Lawyers Make Your Case Hard
A friend asked me why so many advertising attorneys were saying they will make having a legal case easy. I told her if they go easy; then, they are settling for too little money. A good attorney knows you must…
- December 1, 2018
- Comments Off on Learn From Florida: Insurance Payouts and Bad Weather
I watched the people in Florida struggle after the last hurricane, and know it is just a matter of time until something hits us here in Mobile. I talked to a few Florida friends over the Thanksgiving holiday, and…
- November 26, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Are Your Pants Worth Millions? Part 2
So many people have asked me about the $54 million lawsuit over a pair of pants (see You Be the Judge: Are Your Pants Worth Millions?) that I thought I would bring you up to date on some of the…
- November 24, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Alabama Christmas Lights Puts Fight in Fight Song
We in Alabama like our Christmas lights. And we will fight our cousins or the local municipality to keep them shining brightly. But do you want the Griswold’s, the family in the movie Christmas Vacation, living next to you? People…
- November 16, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Are Your Pants Worth Millions?
What do you think is fair if a business loses your property? FACTS: A dry cleaner returned a pair of pants. The owner of the pants claimed they were not his pants. He sued for $67 million dollars. The biggest…
- November 9, 2018
- Comments Off on Alabama, one of the worst states to be an injured pedestrian
You can talk all you want about distracted driving and whether a walker or a driver has the right of way, but in Alabama there is one law that tops all of this. Unlike most states, Alabama has a…
- November 5, 2018
- Comments Off on In Alabama, Start Early in a Med Mal Case
If a medical professional or business did you wrong, my strong advice is to start early if you want the best chance at getting a good result. It is tougher to win a medical malpractice case in Alabama than most…
- August 10, 2018
- Comments Off on Snake in a purse. You be the judge.
We get questions here at LawCall. Here is a real email. What would you advise? I have done a little editing on the email but not much. EMAIL: I spotted a purse that matched the outfit I was purchasing…
- August 3, 2018
- Comments Off on A Bad Tattoo? Can I Sue?
I was asked this week about the statute of limitation … on a tattoo. This was the question: can I sue over a bad tattoo? Here is the answer most every lawyer will give you, “Maybe.” There is one thing…
- July 27, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Is a Text a Promise?
You are engaged. You break up. Who gets the ring? It is a typical lawyer question. I, too, have gotten it … several times. The main arguments are: it is a gift, so the former bride keeps it, OR it…