- August 3, 2018
- Comments Off on A Bad Tattoo? Can I Sue?
I was asked this week about the statute of limitation … on a tattoo. This was the question: can I sue over a bad tattoo? Here is the answer most every lawyer will give you, “Maybe.” There is one thing…
- July 27, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Is a Text a Promise?
You are engaged. You break up. Who gets the ring? It is a typical lawyer question. I, too, have gotten it … several times. The main arguments are: it is a gift, so the former bride keeps it, OR it…
- July 20, 2018
- Comments Off on Seeing Behind Required by New Law
Back-up cameras are now required in all new cars. This federal law is being highlighted as paving the way to driverless cars, but I think it is a huge improvement in keeping you safe. Back-up accidents are amazingly common. This…
- July 13, 2018
- Comments Off on Lies we tell ourselves after an accident
If you have a car or truck accident, go get yourself checked out. I can not tell you how many clients have told me that they did not feel too bad after an accident, and then weeks or months later…
- July 9, 2018
- Comments Off on Talking Trash and the Law
Did you argue with the relatives this 4th of July? This is America where we speak our minds … sometimes too often. Now someone called you a bad name, stated you were mentally unstable or even questioned your birthright, that…
- June 29, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Kid Damages Expensive Art. Who Pays?
Deciding the law is not often easy. Take a moment and you be the judge. How would you rule? THE CASE Mom takes her 5-year-old son to a public building that has an art exhibit. All the art work seems…
- June 22, 2018
- Comments Off on Does Alabama Limit Money from Your 18-Wheeler Case?
Some states have set maximum limits on what injured people can collect. In Alabama, this is generally not the case. Each state has different rules. I often caution my clients not to rely on what happened to their cousin in…
- June 17, 2018
- Comments Off on Using a Camera to Catch Elder Abuse in Alabama
Just as the technology exists to watch your baby 24/7, it also exists to watch grandma and grandpa. But is it legal? The Alabama laws are a bit unclear. It depends on where you are placing the camera and…
- June 8, 2018
- Comments Off on Alabama Law: If You Wait, You Lose
You do not have forever to file a lawsuit in Alabama. In most cases, the countdown clock begins the moment that an accident happens. In Alabama, you have 2 years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Let me say this…
- June 1, 2018
- Comments Off on Injured? If 1% At Fault, You Get Nothing in Alabama
If you have a personal injury case in Alabama, it can get nasty. Just how nasty? Say you walk into some stacked lumber at a local business and suffer severe head injuries. You argue that the lumber was dangerously placed….