- April 26th, 2019
- Comments Off on What to Do: Your Alabama Teen Found with Alcohol
The legal term is called Minor in Possession (MIP). The real-life experience is a call from the local jail. It is just about summer and for many Alabama teens that translates to let the party begin. It is a party…
- April 22nd, 2019
- Comments Off on Alabama Kids, Boating and Drinking
As we head into summer, please take a few minutes to talk to your kids about boat safety. I can see your eyes roll. I understand. I grew up in and around the water of Mobile and my eyes have…
- April 16th, 2019
- Comments Off on Why Do You Need a Lawyer to Fight the Insurance Company?
After a serious accident, even lawyers hire lawyers to help fight the insurance company. Here is the major reason: they need to get better while someone else jumps through the hoops required to get an insurance company to pay on…
- April 8th, 2019
- Comments Off on Can Alabama Pull You Over for Holding a Phone?
Should you hold your phone and drive in Alabama? Our legislature is considering a ban. Some states already do prohibit it – one of those is Georgia. You should know by now that you cannot text and drive in Alabama….
- April 1st, 2019
- Comments Off on Can I Sue If I Signed a Waiver?
Can you sue if you signed a waiver? Yes, you can sue. The real question is — can you win? The court does not look favorably on deceptive language which is only designed to protect a business from financial loss….