- June 29th, 2018
- Comments Off on You Be the Judge: Kid Damages Expensive Art. Who Pays?
Deciding the law is not often easy. Take a moment and you be the judge. How would you rule? THE CASE Mom takes her 5-year-old son to a public building that has an art exhibit. All the art work seems…
- June 22nd, 2018
- Comments Off on Does Alabama Limit Money from Your 18-Wheeler Case?
Some states have set maximum limits on what injured people can collect. In Alabama, this is generally not the case. Each state has different rules. I often caution my clients not to rely on what happened to their cousin in…
- June 17th, 2018
- Comments Off on Using a Camera to Catch Elder Abuse in Alabama
Just as the technology exists to watch your baby 24/7, it also exists to watch grandma and grandpa. But is it legal? The Alabama laws are a bit unclear. It depends on where you are placing the camera and…
- June 8th, 2018
- Comments Off on Alabama Law: If You Wait, You Lose
You do not have forever to file a lawsuit in Alabama. In most cases, the countdown clock begins the moment that an accident happens. In Alabama, you have 2 years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Let me say this…
- June 1st, 2018
- Comments Off on Injured? If 1% At Fault, You Get Nothing in Alabama
If you have a personal injury case in Alabama, it can get nasty. Just how nasty? Say you walk into some stacked lumber at a local business and suffer severe head injuries. You argue that the lumber was dangerously placed….